If the layout of my blog is any indicator, I'm quite the minimalist. Simple but effective is my approach to pretty much everything. My beauty regimen is no different. I'm a creature of habit so I find something that works and I stick to it. These are the staples of my beauty regimen that keep me feeling and looking my best.
1. The fountain of youth elixir hasn't been discovered yet but good old H20 is as close as we can get to it. Water does wonders for the skin and the body, in general and as you know, healthy skin and a healthy body starts on the inside. I try to get at least 6 glasses in every day and I'm sure my water intake is a huge contributing factor to my clear skin.
2. I never leave my house without slathering sunscreen on my face. I am not about that wrinkle life! Not yet, anyway. I love La Roche Posay's SPF 60 which protects against UVA and UVB rays. I also love that it's so light and is easily absorbed into the skin.
3. As a child, my grandmother would give me a teaspoon of cod liver oil every morning before school. I'd just pinch my nose and swallow but little did I know the amazing benefits. I've been taking cod liver oil gel capsules for about 10 years now as a daily supplement. The high levels of omega-3 fatty acids help to keep my skin looking supple and dewy among a host of other health benefits.
4. Exposure to the elements, stress and other external factors can leave the skin feeling and looking dry . A good moisturizer helps to keep the skin hydrated and dewy. I'm a moisturizing maniac - I will never leave the house or go to sleep without applying my moisturizer. I've been using Marcell's Oil-Free Multi-Defense Lotion for about 10 years now. I've tried other moisturizers intermittently, but I always keep coming back to this one. It's super light, non-greasy and it has SPF.
5. On days when I don't feel like wearing make-up but still want that 'beat' look, I just throw on red lipstick . I discovered MAC's Ruby Woo about 8 years ago and it's been my absolute favourite lipstick ever since. It's just so flattering on and it stays put, literally, all day.
6. Mascara is a must for anyone who likes to keep their make-up simple but polished. I've been using Maybelline's Great Lash since I wasa teenager but it's still a staple in my make-up bag, If I need to go out and I look like something that washed ashore, which is quite often the case, I throw on a hat, a bit of mascara and some gloss and I'm good to go!
Hope you enjoyed this post! What are your beauty staples?
Love and Light,